REFLECTOR: Nose gear mod?....was, accident/incident report

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:56:29 -0400

But what if you forget to lower your nose gear before taking off?

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Herb Sanders
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 2:12 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Nose gear mod?....was, accident/incident report

Chris, Although getting rid of the nose gear should gain a few knots, it was
not primarily a speed mod.  The project I bought is a top loader and I could
not stand the look of the step ladder hanging down. My wife and I do not hop
as well as we did a few years ago so hopping up on the strake was not too
appealing. The electric nose lift allows the plane to kneel and entry should
be easy. Looks neat too with the gear retracted. We have had LongEZs for the
last 20+ years so it looks natural to us.
Regards, Herb