REFLECTOR:Re: RG vs. Fixed

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:19:05 EDT

mooneydryver@yahoo.com writes:

<< I feel like
 I'm flying an airplane not a car with wings.
                      John >>
How many birds fly with there legs and feet down?  Anyway, I have about
600hrs in my STD-RG.  The retract system has never given any problems, but I am
still relieved when the greens come on.  Some times I bat the RG vs FG back and
fourth if I would do it again.  From the inside it still looks the same if it
is a RG or FG.  I am not really sure what the speed loss would be with a good
fitting farings.  I think 10kt could be high.  I have a IO-360 @210hpw/
10-1pistons and mt.  I true at 178kts balls to the wall above 8K.  What about other'
fliers REAL no B.S. #'s.  You guys that like to keep data bases should start a
real performance # data base starting with mine.  This could also include
real takeoff and landing #'s.  By the way, other than the diminished takeoff and
initial climb, I cruise just as fast with my fixed pitch performance prop @ 1"
less MP and 5%less fuel with way less propeller problems than the mt.

TEC

What ever floats you boat.
TEC