RG vs. Fixed was :Re: REFLECTOR:accident/incident report

John Overman reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 09:47:56 -0700 (PDT)

--- Scott Derrick <scott@tnstaafl.net> wrote:
> This is my second retract(first one a 48 Bonanza)
> and both have demanded
> high maintenance and close inspection of the gear
 > during annuals and
> pre-flight.  The Velocity's main gear system is very
> nicely designed for
> service and use, the nose gear is about standard
> from what I've seen and
> appears to be the source of most of the problems.
> The nose gear is hard
> to service and inspect and the fit is pretty tight
> in some spots.
>
> I'll take the 10 knots, anytime....
>
> Scott
>
>Amen:
   I'm with you Scott. Most of my time is in
retractables. Much of it is local where time doesn't
really matter.
   However, even with the extra maintanence, once I
get off the ground and tuck up the wheels I feel like
I'm flying an airplane not a car with wings.
                     John