RG vs. Fixed was :Re: REFLECTOR:accident/incident report

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 03 Jun 2003 07:08:12 -0600

This is my second retract(first one a 48 Bonanza) and both have demanded
high maintenance and close inspection of the gear during annuals and
pre-flight.  The Velocity's main gear system is very nicely designed for
service and use, the nose gear is about standard from what I've seen and
appears to be the source of most of the problems.  The nose gear is hard
to service and inspect and the fit is pretty tight in some spots.

I'll take the 10 knots, anytime....

Scott