REFLECTOR:Non US Winds Aloft

Simon Aegerter reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:06:25 +0200

--============_-1152458344==_ma============

>Inquiring minds would like to know.  How does one do weather
>briefing in Europe, especially if you wanted to get winds aloft.

Hi, Bob!

any adventurous ideas out there?

There are many ways, none as straightforward as WXBRIEF or DUATS.
Possibilities:

- every serious aerodrome in Europe has a so called "C" office (I
think it stands for "cash"). Yes they collect your landing fees and
they can give you a weather briefing. Depending on the country (Hey,
this is Europe!) the local aviation authority may have set up a
system of briefing and filing stations at the C offices that you are
supposed to use.
- if you go in grand style and ask for handling, the handling agency
will hand you a complete briefing package.
- in every country, there is a phone number that you can call. The C
office has the number. No it is not a 800 number!
- There are a number of web sites that you can use. I like
http://www.phd.nl/aviation/wx/ or http://www.austrocontrol.at

Hope that helps!
Best
Simon

--
Simon Aegerter, Wollerau, Switzerland
--============_-1152458344==_ma============

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>Re: REFLECTOR:Non US Winds
minds would like to know.&nbsp; How does one do weather briefing in
Europe, especially&nbsp;if you wanted to get winds
aloft.</font></blockquote>
Possibilities:</div>
office (I think it stands for &quot;cash&quot;). Yes they collect your
landing fees and they can give you a weather briefing. Depending on
the country (Hey, this is Europe!) the local aviation authority may
have set up a system of briefing and filing stations at the C offices
that you are supposed to use.</div>
agency will hand you a complete briefing package.</div>
The C office has the number. No it is not a 800 number!</div>
http://www.phd.nl/aviation/wx/ or http://www.austrocontrol.at</div>
<x-sigsep><pre>--
</pre></x-sigsep>