REFLECTOR:retractable gear -mechanical stop to limit up travel

Pat Shea reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:47:52 -0700 (PDT)

Jack,

I inquired about this a while back. My concern was
that during gear extension/retraction in turbulence
the strake tops could potentially take a pretty good
hit from the tire - regardless of how the hydraulic
stops are adjusted. Here's the reply I got which seems
like a great idea:

>>Pat:

>>I installed bumpers on the transverse bulkhead.  I
>>first adjusted the stops on my hydraulic cylinders
so
>>the tire rubbed the top strake skin....mine is
ground
>>out to get the gear as high as possible.  Let it rub
>>since you can adjust a gap when you install the
>>bumpers.  When I got it adjusted the gear knee came
>>about 3/8" from the transverse bulkhead.  I just
took