REFLECTOR:Induction hose

Pat Shea reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:20:40 -0700 (PDT)

Is Aeroduct SCAT or SCEET from Aircraft Spruce
acceptable to use for induction duct?? I recently read
an article (see below) that warned of using either of
these in a negative pressure application. Funny, but I
assumed SCEET was better (two plys, stronger, twice as
expensive...); the article points out that the inner
ply in SCEET is bonded on the INSIDE of the support
wire implying a greater failure/blockage potential
than SCAT. Unfortunately, the article was written to
caution spammers from using these hoses as OEM
replacement parts - not much help for the homebuilding
crowd. I suspect this is what most people are using -
just wanted to get the consensus: SCEET, SCAT, or
something else?

Pat (XL w/ IO-540)

www.auf.asn.au/airworthiness/scatsceetarticle.htm

www.casa.gov.au/avreg/fsa/download/01jul/42-43.pdf