REFLECTOR:Fuel Tank Leak Tests

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:25:09 EDT

--part1_1ce.e634786.2c517e85_boundary

Whilst checking my tanks for leaks, I developed a method for getting a
'little more pressure than I could blow by mouth.

I purchased a bag of those big party balloons. I found that 1 balloon did not
supply any more pressure than I could blow by mouth, so I put one balloon
inside another and filled the inner with an air compressor.  That supplied a nice
constant pressure without the risk of blowing up the tanks. It also minimizes
the leaking through the balloon skin.

This allowed me to find the few pinhole leaks pretty quickly by myself. It
also helps make sure the fuel caps are sealing correctly if you insure all other
outlets are clamped off.

Kurt Winker

--part1_1ce.e634786.2c517e85_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Whilst checking my tanks for leaks, I developed a meth=
od for getting a 'little more pressure than I could blow by mouth.&nbsp; <BR=

<BR>
I purchased a bag of those big party balloons. I found that 1 balloon did no=
t supply any more pressure than I could blow by mouth, so I put one balloon=20=
inside another and filled the inner with an air compressor.&nbsp; That suppl=
ied a nice constant pressure without the risk of blowing up the tanks. It al=
so minimizes the leaking through the balloon skin. <BR>
<BR>
This allowed me to find the few pinhole leaks pretty quickly by myself. It a=
lso helps make sure the fuel caps are sealing correctly if you insure all ot=
her outlets are clamped off. <BR>
<BR>
Kurt Winker</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1ce.e634786.2c517e85_boundary--