Imbalanced fuel flow: was Re: REFLECTOR:Low fuel light

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:11:05 -0400

Scott,

Good idea.  I'll give that a look-see.  In turns, I feel lucky if I keep the
ball anywhere near the lubber lines, but in straight and near-level, that
should be easy to see.

If a person thinks about the problem a little (which always gives me a
headache), it would only take a wing being a couple inches low to make quite
a difference in fuel feed between the tanks.

I am still wondering if the left tank goes to 0, will I have to fly in a
slight slip to keep my right tank feeding?  Or will the usual variations of
flight continue to keep the sump filled as the right wing goes up
momentarily?  If it will, then no problem....except, of course, when I turn
a right base onto final with a quartering head wind from the right.  My
rough calculations (and bad luck) indicate I would run out of fuel about 1/2
mile short of the threshold.  My headache is getting worse.

Chuck