REFLECTOR:Belly NACA

Tony Babb reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:16:15 -0700

Chris,

I just finished installing the upper NACAs on my SEFG ...

The NACA scoops supplied have a right and left side - looking at the back
you'll see one edge droops more than the other to accommodate the curvature
of the fuselage. Looking at their shape, I don't think you'd be able to make
them fit under the belly as it's much flatter than the upper "corners" of
the fuselage - even there it was difficult to get a good fit. I do recall
seeing somewhere on the web a place where you could buy NACA scoops in a
variety of sizes, these I'm guessing would be flat and may be a better fit
for the belly. Perhaps someone else has the URL.

Cheers,

Snip