REFLECTOR:Fuel Filter?

Jim Agnew reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:17:33 -0700 (PDT)

John,

I used a Sierra Fuel filter assembly that uses a screw on
filter cartridge and is a paper filter and water trap. It
is made for marine use and will flow plenty of fuel (50
GPH) if I remember correctly.  The adapter is aluminum not
pot metal and can take a pounding.  The only addition I
made was a small piece of right angle aluminum with a #8
Bolt sticking up and a large hose clamp that goes around
the filter to make sure it cannot unscrew.  I use a heavy
duty clamp that has small loops at the ends that hing and I
slide one of these loops over the #8 bolt to lock the
filter.  The entire unit is inexpensive and is available at
most marine stores.  If you would like pictures and the
model # let me know.

Jim