REFLECTOR:Belly NACA

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:48:30 -0400

My SRG had two small fresh air NACAs about eight inches behind the nose gear door,
each with a hole in the floor, centered in the floors for the pilot and copilot.
Nearly most of the time there was no air coming in from the pilot side.  Once during
takeoff in gusty conditions there was a brief blast of warm air (I assume from the oil
cooler outlet).  When I would engage the heat flap, I would get a strong flow of
unwanted cold air.  Don't know about the copilot side and the NACAs are now glassed
over.

John