REFLECTOR:173RG - IO-540 COMBO ... OH NO!

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:37:59 -0700

Talk to Craig Catto, he's willing to do custom stuff.  It does sound like
you're going to have to go to a 5 blade.

I'm surprised - we didn't have those kind of clearance problems when we
went to the 540 on the Berkut.  What's the big geometry change between the
173 RG and the SL that gives the clearance?  Is the gear longer, or is the
engine moved forward?