REFLECTOR:Secondary fire detection

Pat Shea reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:54:55 -0700 (PDT)

--- Hiroo Umeno <humeno@microsoft.com> wrote:

> CCDs are quite vulnerable to heat.  You need to look
> at the data sheets for the operating temperature
> range.  The heat inside the engine compartment is
> likely to far exceed the allowable heat rating of
> most low-cost CCDs.

The max op. temps for most of the cams I looked at
were around 200*F. I'm pretty sure the factory
(Duane?) put a temp probe on the firewall once and
found it to stay cool during flight. With heat in
mind, I was thinking of mounting the cams down low,
close to the firewall, looking back. If need be, I'll
insulate the cams.

> As for switcher, I am currently designing a 4:1
> video mux based on LT1204 device and a PIC.

Perfect - any chance you want to design one for me
too?? That was joke... Anyway, I was kinda hoping to
find a simple 2:1 "plug and play" mixer/mux.

> For supplies of LCD panels, Earth Computing
> (www.earthlcd.com) usually has some good selection
> of them.

Great - I'll check there. Thanks, Pat