REFLECTOR:Secondary fire detection

Pat Shea reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:22:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hiroo,

I'm leaning towards keeping the small CCD cams in the
engine compartment primarily for fire detection. It
looks like it's going to take two to get full coverage
of the critical areas. There may also be some benefit,
at least during the tweaking stage, of being able to
see/record what's going on inside the cowl during
flight (tuft testing?). Two cams either means an A/B
switch, two monitors, or a split screen. I was able to
find a company that sells a color, waterproof,
"helmet" cam w/ a cool aluminum protective mount:
www.helmetcamera.com. I haven't had a chance to look
at LCD monitors yet (or the ability to split the
screen) - any leads on a good source for these??

Pat