REFLECTOR:Performance Prop contact info

Alexander Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:10:30 -0500

--Boundary_(ID_Qu6aVDjFXj/fdzPYtqEe8g)

Kurt,
I received a large NACA belly scoop with my kit - it is an XLRG, and the
NACA is kind of external, IE the bottom of the plenum is the external
surface of the belly of the aircraft, and then it needs to be blendes in- I
haven't put it on yet, but I am pretty sure that I will, I just cant move
all of that air from the top behind the engine to the radiator very easily,
plus I will need a lot of cool air for my intercooler anyway.  I think I
have seen either yours of someone else's that pit a submerged NACA on the
belly, but it needs an inch or 2 that would go right through the gear
bulkhead and sump tank of the RG, this external one should not have this
problem....... I'll post some pictures when I get to that....

Alex
  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf
Of NMFlyer1@aol.com
  Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 5:16 PM
  To: reflector@tvbf.org
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Performance Prop contact info

  Alex,

  Are you building an RG or a FG ?  The reason I ask is that I installed a
big NACA underneath my V for my lower radiator.  It sure beats the way a
belly scoop looks ( I made a mock up).  It should really work fantastic on
the underside too.
  Down side:  it won't fit in a RG.

  Kurt Winker
  Aluminum V-6 173 FGE

--Boundary_(ID_Qu6aVDjFXj/fdzPYtqEe8g)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=696250500-17072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Kurt,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=696250500-17072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>I
received a large NACA belly scoop with my kit - it is an XLRG, and the NACA is
kind of external, IE the bottom of the plenum is the external surface of the
belly of the aircraft, and then it needs to be blendes in- I haven't put it on
yet, but I am pretty sure that I will, I just cant move all of that air from the
top behind the engine to the radiator very easily, plus I will need a lot of
cool air for my intercooler anyway.&nbsp; I think I have seen either yours of
someone else's that pit a submerged NACA on the belly, but it needs an inch or 2
that would go right through the gear bulkhead and sump tank of the RG, this
external one should not have this problem....... I'll post some pictures when I
get to that....</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=696250500-17072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=696250500-17072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Alex</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> reflector-admin@tvbf.org
  [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of
  </B>NMFlyer1@aol.com<BR><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, July 16, 2003 5:16
  PM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re:
  REFLECTOR:Performance Prop contact info<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><FONT
  face=arial,helvetica><FONT lang=0 face=Arial size=2
  FAMILY="SANSSERIF">Alex,&nbsp; <BR><BR>Are you building an RG or a FG ?&nbsp;
  The reason I ask is that I installed a big NACA underneath my <B>V</B> for my
  lower radiator.&nbsp; It sure beats the way a belly scoop looks ( I made a
  mock up).&nbsp; It should really work fantastic on the underside too.&nbsp;
  <BR>Down side:&nbsp; it won't fit in a RG. <BR><BR>Kurt Winker<BR>Aluminum V-6
  173 FGE</FONT> </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_Qu6aVDjFXj/fdzPYtqEe8g)--