REFLECTOR:Performance Prop contact info

Alexander Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:43:14 -0500

Scott,
I am evidently going to go with Catto anyway, since when I called
Performance, they were backed up until October. My exhaust is going to be a
little different than most- I am running the SVX with a
turbocharger/intercooler, and it seems like my radiator will be mounted
below the engine, so I will install the belly scoop, to take in air for the
radiator, use 1 top NACA for the intercooler, and the second for oil and
some to the radiator maybe.   I was thinking of just letting all of that air
go out the rear through a squeeze flap, and since my exhaust will be 6 into
1 for the turbo, I was thinking of running that single pipe out the squeeze
flap too- need to see about that though- otherwise it will go out one of the
XL exhaust holes in the rear.

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 12:13 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Performance Prop contact info

Alex,

You should read the stories about Performance Prop's failing on pushers
before plunking down $3000.  My story was published in the CA newsletter
a year ago.  There are quite a few more.

The Performance Prop is aptly named, it does perform very well.  But I
question its durability in a pusher configuration, ESPECIALLY if you
have a rearward exhaust system.

Scott