REFLECTOR: Exhaust systems

Brian Michalk reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:13:17 -0500

Okay, so for a carbureted Lycoming O-360,      max horsepower is 180 at 2700
RPM.
And,     for a carbureted Franklin 6A-350-C1R, max horsepower is 198 at 2700
RPM.

I'm not Lycoming bashing.  I was originally trying to make a clarification
on why EGTs are lower on a higher compression engine, and what higher
compression does for performancem but the discussion degenerated into
differences between Lycoming and Franklin.