REFLECTOR:Performance Prop contact info

Alexander Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:44:39 -0500

Ronnie, I have already contacted Craig about it, but wanted to so some
shopping, I hear that the performance props have just a little better
"performance" but that the Cato is built more ruggedly- I'm just going to
use them for flight testing- will go to an MT when I am reasonable certain
that I will not end up sitting on those really expensive blades.......

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Ronnie Brown
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 10:58 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Performance Prop contact info

And while you are shopping for a new prop, don't forget Craig Catto's props.
I have been very pleased with the quality and durability of the Catto prop I
have.  The wood grained Performance Prop is pretty for sure, but I like the
idea of a wood prop encased in durable epoxy and fiberglass.

Catto is at http://www.cattoprops.com/

And it is about a thousand less expensive.  Its worth waiting a few more
weeks for the value.

Ronnie Brown
173 Elite RG with IO360 C1C
66 dia 72 pitch = 170 knots and 2500 rpm, but long take off runs (over 2000
feet) and 500-600 fpm.
66 dia 70 pitch = 155 knots and 2700 rpm, take off run = 1500 feet and
greater than 1000 fpm climbs.