REFLECTOR: Exhaust systems

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:57:10 -0400

Brian,
I agree with your comments about compression ratio, power, and EGT.  However, you
can't get the EGT at the intake temp because the laws of thermodynamics limit the
maximum energy extraction for an internal combustion engine at around 30%.  Fuel cells
can extract around 90% of the energy, but we're a long way from a practical fuel cell
that will work on a practical fuel like gasoline.