REFLECTOR: Exhaust systems

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:01:36 -0600

I can also easily get 220 HP out of my Lycomiong by installing high
compression pistons.  No magic there. It requires a high octane fuel and
  it does wear the engine out out a tad faster, probably not measurable
unless you look at 100's of engines.

I think the  EGT's your seeing are lower because of probe placement
alone.  I have two holes in one of my exhaust pipes.  Because the first
placement was not in the main flow and showed 75 degrees cooler than the
other probes. about 90 degrees around at the same distance and the temps
were aligned.

Scott