REFLECTOR: Exhaust systems

Mike Pollock reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:01:12 -0500

I do time the Jeff Rose to 0 degrees with the vacuum and mechanical advances
disabled per Jeff Rose's instructions and an induction timing light works on
those unshielded wires.

Mike

P.S. We get no RPM loss on mag check when running the Jeff Rose EI with
vacuum and mechanical advances enabled and the MAG off.

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Ronnie Brown
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 12:57 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Exhaust systems

But if you are trying to time the Jeff Rose, non shielded wires are used and
your induction pickup should work.  The key will be disabling the "vacuum"
and "mechanical" advances so that you can get a static timing reading.

Again, give Jeff Rose a call if you haven't already - he should be very
happy to help you - I got lots of info from him in just two phone calls.

Ronnie