REFLECTOR:Moving the non-flying Velocity

Tom Martino reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 07:32:16 -0600

There is one flying out of your airport.  John Sauer.  In the old round
hangar.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Clough [mailto:jclough@alaska.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 1:21 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Moving the non-flying Velocity

Hmmm all very good suggestions ...things to think about and figure out
quickly when I arrive there..sideways may be the easiest way to travel,
but
most complicated to build cradle.... Any Velocitites in the Greeley CO
area
any longer?

> The number I have in my sleep deprived head is 16 feet - if I'm wrong,
nose
> up might be good way to go.  I would have never thought of it.
>
> If you go that way, take advantage of the spar hard points to secure
it
for
> and aft, the leverage on the firewall from starting and stopping would
be
> wicked.  And, obviously, diagonal ties from the nose to the sides of
the
> trailer.
>
> One thing to be careful of is lookie loos, that are so busy looking at
the
> "rocket ship" on the trailer that they forget to drive.  We always
used to
> move airplanes at night just to avoid the curious truck drivers.
>
> Congrats on getting back to building!  Too bad Oshkosh isn't on the
way.
:)

> At 10:35 PM 7/14/03 -0800, you wrote:
> >Good thoughts I may have to do that ...thanx....but I think from the
nose
> >to the firewall (without the cowling) is only about 13 feet(?) or
less
> >isn't it?... I do not know for sure...all the manuals etc are in the
> >hangar .   I have only one or two days to get this thing loaded up
and
the
> >hangar emptied and to get on the road ...Ready to get this thing
flying
> >after 10 years!

long
as it
remove
the
in
an
Velocity
> > this
way
or

> > > If you think making 3500 miles as a wide load is hard, imagine
3500
miles
> > > without being able to go through an underpass.
> > >
> > > Make your box, but bolt it to one side of the main spar.  The wing
attach
> > > points are the second strongest points on the airplane.  Make a
cradle
for
> > > the nose (attach to the canard attach points) and put it on the
trailer
> > > sideways, nose forward but rolled 90 degrees to the side.  That
way
you're