REFLECTOR:STEC 30 autopilot

Rene Dugas reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:02:41 -0500

Jack,
I shortened the radius of the drive servo arm  by about 3/4" to
eliminate this in my S-Tec 30.  Be sure it can not go over center and
lock or reverse drive the ailerons.
Rene' Dugas
XL RG

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Jack Sheehan
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 10:33 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR:STEC 30 autopilot

I have an STEC 30 autopilot installed in my XLRG. I have been working
on other things and flying the airplane without the autopilot
connected. I now have it connected and the autopilot has a steady
roll oscillation . I have been told that the gain needs to be
adjusted by changing the value of the resistor. Has anyone done this?
Do I really need to have it done by a S-TEC dealer?
Jack
  N55XL