REFLECTOR: Exhaust systems

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:19:30 -0400

Ronnie,

What fuel (octane) do you use?
What is the compression ratio for your engine?
What is the minimum recommended octane for your engine?

I feel like I must be from another planet.  The highest EGT temperature I have seen
(during takeoff, max power, Franklin engine) is 970 degrees.  Maybe my RMI monitor is
off, but my other temps seem right.  My IVO prop is 9.5 inches from the 3 into 1
exhaust that exits striaght back.  No indication of overheating, just the light "dust"
that wipes off.

John