REFLECTOR: Exhaust systems

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:55:21 EDT

In a message dated 7/10/03 10:02:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tmartino@troubleshooter.com writes:

<< f I extend the prop it will have tremendous disadvantages.  I am already
pushing it (no pun intended) as it is ... because of the short fuselage.  I am
afraid of a prop strike.

As I remember, Velocity at the time (1993) recommended the 8" extension for
the STD.  I have never felt close at all to a prop strike.

By the way, as someone who has made over a hundred extensions, be sure and
get a 6" dia. on the crank end and a 7" dia. on the prop end with a 7" dia X
1/2" thick crush plate(for Lycomings).

By the way, I don't sell them any more as now days, I have deeper pockets for
some rat ass attorney (sorry Chris) to get into in the event of a liability
issue.

TEC