REFLECTOR: Exhaust systems

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 09 Jul 2003 10:44:36 -0600

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

LOP operations are dependent on the most equal burning of fuel across
all cylinders.  This is accomplished by 1.) good to great fuel air
mixture distribution, 2.) a good spark at the right time.

If you have great distribution you can run LOP with mags.

If you have good distribution an EI will improve your burn by virtue of
a hotter spark at the right time, thus allowing you to run an engine LOP
be it carburated or injected that you couldn't before.

My engine is a perfect example.  WIth the two mags my engine would start
to stumble at about 25 LOP.  50 LOP was impossible. After installing the
EI, I can now run at 75 LOP smooth as can be.   This is a true story and
has been duplicated by many.  No changes to the injection system have
been made.

Scott