REFLECTOR: Exhaust systems

Mike Pollock reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:10:59 -0500

I also run LOP with an IO-360, but only to a maximum of 50 degrees LOP.  The
soot is still there, but just not as dark.  The EI does nothing for the max
EGT reading though.  I can get the same EGT with the mag as I can get with
the EI.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 8:00 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Exhaust systems

In my case with one electronic ignition, 4 into 1 exhaust on an IO360.

The EI allows you to run LOP which will dramatically reduce your EGT's
in combination of not having any burning exhaust plume that you get with
  ROP operations(still burning on the way out). Thus keeping the prop
cleaner and cooler.

I think I'm going to install a 4 into 4 rearward facing system and take
back the 4 to 5 knots I lost when I changed my 4 into 1 systems exit
direction from rearward to down.

Scott