REFLECTOR:fuel tank leak testing

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 19:37:40 EDT

--part1_b6.1f8f89b6.2c3b5e44_boundary

I had a similar problem with my tanks, 2 very small leaks.  I ended up buying
a couple of those large party balloons and put one inside the other (1 by
itself didn't have enough pressure).  I rubberbanded it to the fuel inlet tube,
blocked off the vent, and found the leak using the soap trick.

This allowed me to find the leaks by myself, and then I used a vacuum pulled
on the tank with my mouth on a hose connected to the inlet line... and painted
the leaks with warm epoxy & cabo.  All sealed in an hour.

Best of luck.   Kurt Winker.

--part1_b6.1f8f89b6.2c3b5e44_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I had a similar problem with my tanks, 2 very small le=
aks.&nbsp; I ended up buying a couple of those large party balloons and put=20=
one inside the other (1 by itself didn't have enough pressure).&nbsp; I rubb=
erbanded it to the fuel inlet tube, blocked off the vent, and found the leak=
 using the soap trick. <BR>
<BR>
This allowed me to find the leaks by myself, and then I used a vacuum pulled=
 on the tank with my mouth on a hose connected to the inlet line... and pain=
ted the leaks with warm epoxy &amp; cabo.&nbsp; All sealed in an hour.&nbsp;=
 <BR>
<BR>
Best of luck.&nbsp;&nbsp; Kurt Winker.&nbsp; </FONT></HTML>

--part1_b6.1f8f89b6.2c3b5e44_boundary--