REFLECTOR:Exhuast systems

Jim Agnew reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 13:33:27 -0700 (PDT)

Scott,

Without slip joints you will almost always get cracking
because each cylinder is expanding at a different rate due
to uneven heating.  As far as no stains on the prop, I have
two to one on my IO-360 rear facing except that the rear
end of the pipe has a 90 degree elbow which has been milled
off flush with the bottom of the pipe leaving a large oval
hole with a tip down end.  This mixes the exhaust with the
air passing around the fairing and turns it down slightly.
At most after several hours I get a slight haze on the prop
that just wipes off.  I can send you a picture directly if
you like.

Jim