REFLECTOR:TruTrak Auto Pilots

Chris Martin reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 18:07:19 -0700

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV>I have been flying with the Navaid wing leveler for 340 hours. Works great as a wing leveler and for tracking the GPS. I am, however, &nbsp;interested in doing more IFR flying and feel it would be a good idea to switch over to a&nbsp; 2 axis auto pilot with GPS steering, pitch control, altitude hold and vertical speed select. I have been looking at the TruTrak equipment. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/index.html">http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/index.html</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Anyone have any experience with this equipment. At the minimum I could add a altitude hold system for $1495. That would be a nice option and takes no panel space other than a 3/" hole for the on/off button and I could leave the Navaid in place. On the other had, I could sell the Navaid for probably $1000 and go to a full auto pilot like the TruTrak 200vs with GPS steering for $4950. Net cost after sale of Navaid about $4000.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>What is the opinion of the "Great Reflector Collective". </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And by the way. I had a very nice flight today. The Trans Pac Race, Los Angeles to Hawaii, left LA harbor at 1 PM today and I went out and photographed the 60 boat fleet as they approached Santa Catalina Island on their way out to sea. An absolutely beautiful scene on a &nbsp;beautiful day...... &nbsp;I love flying my Velocity XL RG!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Happy 4th of July to all..... God Bless America.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Chris Martin</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Velocity XL RG</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>--- </DIV>
<DIV>--- <A href="mailto:christophercmartin@earthlink.net">christophercmartin@earthlink.net</A></DIV>
<DIV>--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<P></P></BODY></HTML>