REFLECTOR:Eyeball vents

Andy Millin reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 10:37:28 -0400

Alex,

Sorry that I won't see you at OSH this year.  I enjoyed talking with you at
that Velocity dinner two years ago.  A lot of building has happened since
then.

The article on the strakes and doors would be great.  I would also like to
hear more about your engine installation.  I'm sure the whole group would
appreciate it.  Just make sure you still have time to build.

Let us know about the 350 hp Subaru.  Sounds interesting.

Did you see that new 300 hp monster from Bombardier?  Rotax 963.  It has
everything was have all been asking for in an aircraft engine.  The only
problem will be the price.  I noticed they didn't print one.  That can't be
good.

Best,

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Alexander Balic
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 10:17 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Eyeball vents

Andy,
Actually 2 years ago Dave Bertram and I flew up to Osh on his Baron, at that
time we said that in 2 years we would fly formation back there in our
Velocities- Dave has the quick build stuff, and will be running a 350 Chevy,
and, I was a lot further along at the time, and running the SVX...... now, 2
years later, we are both a lot closer, but neither of us is that close-
maybe if I get  cranking, I will make OSH next year!!!  I decided to install
low compression pistons now instead of after I'm flying, so that will set me
back about a month right there,
I'll let you know how the eyeballs work out, I am hoping that I will be able
to repair the broken one........
I was thinking that I might make Reno this year - it is in September, and
there is going to be a white lightning up there running a 350 hp Subaru SVX
motor, so I thought that I would go up and talk to them about it.......

Alex

PS, taking advice from the group, I think I will try to write a short ( no
fluff) article for the VV about how circumnavigated my extra large strake
extensions with a flex cable and some bell cranks- the doors are finally
installed, so now I know that the system works properly, and I have totally
flush handles too!