REFLECTOR:FG main bearing problem

Dennis Martin reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 19:46:00 -0600

I figured out a solution - make it impossible for the rubber seal to bulge out.

I bought a much larger size (diameter) washer than the one provided
in the Matko brake kit.  It's almost as big as the inside diameter of
the wheel.   (I'll measure it if anyone's interested).

The only problem: I had to use a carbide grinder tool to enlarge the
hole in the center of the washer to fit over the axle.

All the best,
Dennis Martin
N767DG FG