REFLECTOR:Scott's question "VV is it worth it?"

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 03 Jul 2003 08:56:02 -0700

At 10:47 AM 7/3/03 -0400, you wrote:

>Well, there is the percent that the credit card company takes from the
>business.  Some are as high as 6%.

Jezuz, Mary and Joseph who are you using as your cc processor?  I've never
seen a rate over 3%, and that's for selling porn online from an overseas
location and payments made to an offshore bank (meaning, a high fraud
rate).  Paypal is under 3% with no software, application or setup - they
just send you a check!  Normal rates are down around 1.5-1.75%.

I'm not getting the VV 'cause I don't have a Velocity, but really, credit
card processing is *simple.*