REFLECTOR:Cleveland Brakes

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 09:13:08 -0400

I'm in the process of converting my  Matcos to Clevelands on my XL RG.  I
received the spacers and bolts from Velocity this week. (I'm getting the
wheel assemblies from a different source....but that's a long sad story that
I won't burden you with today).

My question was, in the stuff that was shipped to me under a "give me
everything I need" order, there were two phenolic-type boards approx. 4" x
6" x 0.10".  They appear to be well suited for insulation.  Are these cut
and drilled to act as heat isolators so the brakes won't heat up the leg and
turn it to mush???

If anyone has a suggestion, or even better, knows what they are talking
about, it would be appreciated if you would share.  If I don't get smarter
here shortly, I may have to break down and call Velocity.  I kind of hate to
because its not totally fair to them since I didn't buy the wheel/brake
assembly from Velo. So, I'm needy today.

Chuck
N27GV

Geez Scott, I wish I had a back issue of VV that explained this!!!