REFLECTOR:173 Front Seat Ballast

alventures reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 20:44:41 -0700

> 25# of lead shot you simply move from the nose to behind the > back
seat (roughly the CG); and it's with you when you need > it again.

Well Al to each his own but I spent 5 years obsessing over every once of
weight that went into the bird. (Brendan said my XL was in the top 5
lightest non-factory XL's) The thought of carrying 25# of utterly
useless weight around everywhere I go kinda makes me feel queasy. :-)

Man that is a suitcase worth of weight. Just wasted? All the time?
<shiver>

Like I said though, to each his own.

Rob;

I was referring mostly to a different leg of the same flight, or simply
bringing it back home.  If it's easy to move from nose to behind the
seat, it is even easier to leave it in the hangar when you know you
don't need it.

Al