REFLECTOR:Scott's question "VV is it worth it?"

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:55:34 -0600

I think this topic has been run through the mill numerous times, but
Duane asked so here goes.

Last year about this time I was on the fence about re-subscribing.  I
bought my V already built though it was in need of numerous repairs and
tweaking t get it fly able.  I want to fly a safe plane and try to avail
myself of all available information to help me maintain and modify my
aircraft. SO the question is does VV provide this service and the
service it provides is it worth the cost of $45 a year.

There were 20 pages in this quarters news letter.

Here's how I broke them down.

6 pages on the Williamsburg Fly In,  Wasted bull shit.

1/3 page on KPC's, Good stuff!

1 page Builders hints, good stuff.

2 pages Factory News, 1 page on the WIlliamsburg Flyin, 1/2 bullshit 1/2
good stuff

1.5 Factory notices, most a repeat every issue,  2/3 bullshit 1/3 good stuff

1.5 pages Scott Baker, 1.2 on Williamsburg/Oshkosh, 1.2 bull shit, 1/2
good stuff

2 pages A&P Talks, good stuff

1 page Electronics, good stuff

2 pages Subscription info, all bull shit

1.5 builders Forums, good stuff

1.5 ads, most repeats good stuff

so we have about 11 pages of bull shit and 9 pages of good stuff all
printed on very nice paper in a magazine format.

The last issue I noticed had a large amount of fluff(bull shit).  I
realize that the intrinsic worth of the VV is very large but the current
implementation sucks.

Scott