REFLECTOR:Leaking Tanks

Dave Black reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:12:35 -0400

dean,

> Yes, except for leak testing which is not going very well.
> When I apply a small pressure I can hear the hissing of the
> air leaving somewhere.  I've applied soapy water everywhere I
> can see, but to no avail.

The tubing trick Brian mentioned really works!!

Check especially the CORNERS. If it was easy to get to, you'd have sealed it
right the first time. That's where my leaks were.

Once the leaks are located, dabble some epoxy on the leaking spot. To pull the
epoxy into the leak, apply suction by mouth to a nylon hose attached to the
fuel drain. You only need to maintain suction long enough to get the epoxy to
flow into the leak. You want the epoxy to stop IN the leak, not to flow
completely through it. If you "taste" the epoxy, you've probably sucked too
long.

After the epoxy sets, try the pressure test again. If it still leaks, repeat
the above until it doesn't.

Dave Black
Shortwing RG