REFLECTOR:RE:weak gas struts

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:37:30 -0600

Steve
The weight of the gear "pulls" hydraulic fluid through the dump valve.
Because it is a single system, the mains and nose "pull" against each
other and the heavier mains drop first.  Did you observe this in the air
or on the ground.  If in the air, how did you know that the nose gear
was laying on the doors?
I'm thinking that stronger door springs will resolve my issue of air
stream pressure on the doors.  I don't know if stronger springs will
damage anything or not.  Has anyone installed stronger door springs?

John