Dual Throttles: Re: REFLECTOR:Slaved Throttle Quads

Scott reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:17:12 -0700

I agree, just a dual throttle would get you most of the way for emergency
flying.

Every spam can I have flown has the throttle, mixture, prop, gear, flaps,
trim and yoke within  easy distance from either left or right,  with the
left having the easiest access.

I think the control placement of experimental's that don't do this
contribute to the poor safety record we are known for.

Come to think of it, my Bonanza had the fuel selector to the left of the
left seat, a difficult but not impossible place to get to from the
right.  But Beech was know for the lousiest placement of all the spam cans.

Scott