Dual Throttles: Re: REFLECTOR:Slaved Throttle Quads

Rene Dugas reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:01:26 -0600

Emergency flying would not be a problem with mixture forward and prop
forward as long as throttle is on both sides.  One can lean over once
and push the cables forward and be done with it.  Same with gear.  Most
don't mount gear switch on RGs in a good location for right seaters.
The only problem I've had is that tall copilots knees rest against the
throttle knob and I can't make small adjustments without asking them to
move the knee.  They are trying not to have there feet on the rudder
pedals so knees bent resting on side of plane seems natural.  I've
landed from the right and others have flown quite a bit with no
complaints.  I took the friction ball out before installation on the
right.  Full redundancy here seems too much to me.  KISS.
Rene'

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 11:33 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Dual Throttles: Re: REFLECTOR:Slaved Throttle Quads

Being that we have a center stick and the only way for a right seat
pilot
to fly the airplane is to have dual throttle/mixture/prop controls, I
find
it amazing that the factory doesn't have this option?  I'm surprised
more
folks don;t ask for it?

If the factory had a cable mixer so I could add a right seat throttle,
I'd
do it today.

Me and a buddy of mine practice instrument flying to keep ourselves
current.  We share each others planes to keep the expense even.   His
T210
of course has full dual controls(yokes) and center throttle, etc..    We

have to fake it in my plane, having the right seat pilot all out
throttle
changes..

I worry sometimes about what would happen if I passed out in the left
seat.  My wife could probably land the airplane if she could get to the
throttles.

Scott