Dual Throttles: Re: REFLECTOR:Slaved Throttle Quads

Scott reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:32:45 -0700

Being that we have a center stick and the only way for a right seat pilot
to fly the airplane is to have dual throttle/mixture/prop controls, I find
it amazing that the factory doesn't have this option?  I'm surprised more
folks don;t ask for it?

If the factory had a cable mixer so I could add a right seat throttle, I'd
do it today.

Me and a buddy of mine practice instrument flying to keep ourselves
current.  We share each others planes to keep the expense even.   His T210
of course has full dual controls(yokes) and center throttle, etc..    We
have to fake it in my plane, having the right seat pilot all out throttle
changes..

I worry sometimes about what would happen if I passed out in the left
seat.  My wife could probably land the airplane if she could get to the
throttles.

Scott