REFLECTOR:Lyc injection

Chris Martin reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:40:17 -0800

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

Brian,

I have a Lyc IO540 with dual Light Speed Ignitions made by Klaus Savier. I think your question is based upon mounting the ignition coils on top of the engine cases in the location normally used for the fuel spider. My solution was to leave the fuel spider in it's normal location and move the coils outside of the engine shroud. I mounted the coils on the engine frame. I can send you a picture if you need it. This keeps the coils cooler and leaves the fuel lines and spider in their normal location.

Chris Martin
Velocity XL RG with Lyc IO540 and dual Light Speed Ignitions, 400 plus hours

Christopher Martin
christophercmartin@earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Gallagher
To: Reflector
Sent: 12/10/2003 10:06:07 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR:Lyc injection

Has anyone with a Lycoming and dual Light speed ignition found a good way of mounting the injection spider? bg
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>Brian,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have a Lyc IO540 with dual Light Speed Ignitions made by Klaus Savier. I think your question is based upon mounting the ignition coils on top of the engine cases in the location normally used for the fuel spider. My solution was to leave the fuel spider in it's normal location and move the coils outside of the engine shroud. I mounted the coils on the engine frame. I can send you a picture if you need it. This keeps the coils cooler and leaves the fuel lines and spider in their normal location.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Chris Martin</DIV>
<DIV>Velocity XL RG with Lyc IO540 and dual Light Speed Ignitions, 400 plus hours</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Christopher Martin</DIV>
<DIV><A href="mailto:christophercmartin@earthlink.net">christophercmartin@earthlink.net</A></DIV>
<DIV>Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid">
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A title=bg@airmech.com href="mailto:bg@airmech.com">Brian Gallagher</A> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To: </B><A title=reflector@tvbf.org href="mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">Reflector</A></DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> 12/10/2003 10:06:07 AM </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Lyc injection</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV><FONT size=2>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=Georgia color=#008000 size=2>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=Georgia color=#008000 size=2>Has anyone with a Lycoming and dual Light speed ignition found a good way of mounting the injection spider? bg</FONT></EM></DIV></FONT></EM></DIV></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8--