REFLECTOR:Re: Exhaust system

Scott reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:29:22 -0700

I have an updraft IO360, straight back SS exhaust.

I tried it with and with out tape.  I would say the tape may, and I am
stretching here,  may have reduced my CHT's by 5 degrees.  I took um
off.  I want to be able to see my exhaust pipes when I'm poking around
under the cowling and I've heard they do shorten a systems life, and at
$800 a pop I don;t want to shorten that one to much.

I'd say I got my CHT's down by being extremely anal about sealing up the
cowling and running LOP.

I have a hard time keeping them above 300 degrees now that's its winter.

Scott