REFLECTOR: Ordering an MT Prop

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 09:36:15 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3BE61.CF705700

Dave,

No flames intended.  My direct, personal experience with MT was not that
different from yours.  However, when a person has a prop at their repair
shop in Florida, and 2 emails, 2 faxes and 2 voicemails don't get answered
over a 3 day period, I'm less than impressed.  When I was finally able to
talk to Jurgen (I think he accidently answered the phone), he was obviously
a competent and intelligent individual.  My enthusiasm was tempered only by
his obvious disinterest in working to anything other than his schedule.
Understand that I don't think myself so important that all others should
disrupt their schedules to accommodate mine, but there was accommodation
that could have been granted with minimal discomfort on his part.

I do take some except to their declining to work on the prop blade unless I
overhauled the hub to install new grease seals to replace the original
faulty design.  Hub overhaul, at my cost, seemed somewhat unfair as the hub
was not leaking and only had 40 hours on it.  Rather than presenting me with
a $1400 bill (for the hub overhaul alone), I think the appropriate response
should have been "we'll take care of that under warranty" (given our initial
inadequate design and low hours).  In short, they got my money, but not my
gratitude.  Overall, I'd give MT a "B" grade, which is pretty good actually,
when you compare it to some other aero companies!

So, no flames, just a little smoldering over my experience.

Chuck Jensen