REFLECTOR:Determining AFT CG Limit

Scott reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 07 Dec 2003 08:58:58 -0700

I'm a different Scott but yes, in other words, that's what he means.

If you increase the angle of attack that the canard stalls at by placement
of VG's and do not increase the main wings stall angle by the same amount
you may be able to stall the main wing.

We all know that the Velocity is designed so the canard stalls before the
main wing, in normal flights modes(not hammer head stalls as somebody
reminded me).

However, its my belief that because this scenario was reached by using lift
enhancers(VG's) that only work when your flying, ie. below a certain
airspeed the VG's become ineffective,  If your plane is correctly balanced,
once your forward airspeed drops below the point that the canard is flying
the plane will recover, thus your not entering a deep stall, but a kind of
conventional stall.  This is conjecture  and I've never tested it and
wouldn't with out a parachute and disposable airplane.

Scott