REFLECTOR:Leading Edge Tape

Alex Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 21:08:28 -0600

JC Whitney sells Stainless steel "tape" it is probably about 0.003 or so, it
is used for covering the rocker panels on cars for aesthetic purposes- not
expensive either, but it is about 6" wide as I recall......the adhesive is
pretty good...

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of John Dibble
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 10:22 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR:Leading Edge Tape

I recently replaced the stainless steel tape on the leading edges of my
IVO prop.  The old tape was 0.003" thick (does not include thickness of
the glue).  The new tape is only 0.0015" thick and does not hold up
well.  The manufacturer of the old tape went out of business.  Anyone
know where I can get thicker stainless steel tape or something else that
works well on a propeller leading edge?
As a second point, IVO uses the same tape across the joints of the
blades and claims that the thinner tape is better for this use because
the thicker tape is too strong and does not give as good an indication
of blade movement.

John