REFLECTOR:Vortex Generators on XL

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:18:33 -0500 (EST)

The CCI VG's are $55 for 100, which is close to 0.55$ a piece.  Not a buck
each.

Replacing them is a pain in the rear.  I saw one Velocity with 4 year old
factory VG's that were in sad shape from UV degradation.  They had been
painted but with just the same paint as the plane's topcoat, not UV
resistant like the primer.  They were literally crumbling apart.

So, I figured pay a bit more now and save alot later.  The time alone to
replace a set is worth a whole lot more than the additional $40.

I think somebody on the list made his own from aluminum 'L' angle.  That
certainly will stand up to the sun!  I beleive his cost's were pennies
apeice in COGS, but the time involved??

Scott