REFLECTOR:Conversion

Brian Michalk reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 19:30:49 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C3B841.A053FE30

Tell me more about the IVO problem.  Mike Deeter has the same symptoms with
his setup.

I hypothesized the same as you; that the airloads were too much for the
motor.  He is out of town and won't be back until middle of December.  I was
going to have him go to altitude, throttle down, then adjust again for max
pitch to see if the prop would go any farther.  What's your opinion on this?

What RPMS/MAP/airspeed are you seeing with the new motor?

 Brian Michalk  <http://www.michalk.com>
musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and barely single

  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf
Of MikeWatsonSpg@cs.com
  Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 6:23 PM
  To: reflector@tvbf.org
  Subject: REFLECTOR:Conversion

  My thanks to Steve and John for their quick response.

  John, I have a complete set of manuals (Service, Parts and Operation)
  from PZL. If I can find someone to copy it for me, I would be happy to
  send you copies of all three.

  I'm also using an IVO electric constant speed prop, which recently would
  not adjust below 2550 RPM. I suspect that the motor had lost it's torque.

  On the ground, it would vary from Max to min pitch in roughly 25 seconds,
  but in the air it would not go to Max pitch. I suspect the air loads was
too
  great for the motor.  I sent the motor to IVO for testing and within two
days,
  I received a new motor from IVO with a note stating that they could not
find
  anything wrong with my motor, bet to be sure they sent me a new motor
  at no charge.  Now is that good customer relations or what.

  I like to fly my setup at 23 2400. With my lightspeed headsets, the plane
is
  very quiet. leaning as much as I can without getting the CHT's too hot,
produces
  a turbine like sound. I love this Franklin engine.

  again thanks guys.

  Mike W

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C3B841.A053FE30

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031172801-02122003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>Tell=20
me more about the IVO problem.&nbsp; Mike Deeter has the same symptoms =
with his=20
setup.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031172801-02122003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031172801-02122003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>I=20
hypothesized the same as you; that the airloads were too much for the=20
motor.&nbsp; He is out of town and won't be back until middle of =
December.&nbsp;=20
I was going to have him go to altitude, throttle down, then adjust again =
for max=20
pitch to see if the prop would go any farther.&nbsp; What's your opinion =
on=20
this?</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031172801-02122003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D031172801-02122003><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>What=20
RPMS/MAP/airspeed are you seeing with the new motor?</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<P><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;Brian Michalk&nbsp; &lt;<A =
href=3D"http://www.michalk.com/"=20
target=3D_blank>http://www.michalk.com</A>&gt;<BR>Life is what you make =
of it ...=20
never wish you had done something.<BR>Aviator, experimental aircraft =
builder,=20
motorcyclist, SCUBA diver<BR>musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and =
barely=20
single<BR>&nbsp;</FONT> </P>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px =
solid">
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org=20
  [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of=20
  </B>MikeWatsonSpg@cs.com<BR><B>Sent:</B> Monday, December 01, 2003 =
6:23=20
  PM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B>=20
  REFLECTOR:Conversion<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><FONT =
face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT=20
  lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">My thanks to Steve =
and John for=20
  their quick response.<BR><BR>John, I have a complete set of manuals =
(Service,=20
  Parts and Operation)<BR>from PZL. If I can find someone to copy it for =
me, I=20
  would be happy to<BR>send you copies of all three.<BR><BR>I'm also =
using an=20
  IVO electric constant speed prop, which recently would<BR>not adjust =
below=20
  2550 RPM. I suspect that the motor had lost it's torque.<BR><BR>On the =
ground,=20
  it would vary from Max to min pitch in roughly 25 seconds,<BR>but in =
the air=20
  it would not go to Max pitch. I suspect the air loads was too =
<BR>great for=20
  the motor.&nbsp; I sent the motor to IVO for testing and within two =
days,<BR>I=20
  received a new motor from IVO with a note stating that they could not =
find=20
  <BR>anything wrong with my motor, bet to be sure they sent me a new =
motor=20
  <BR>at no charge.&nbsp; Now is that good customer relations or =
what.<BR><BR>I=20
  like to fly my setup at 23 2400. With my lightspeed headsets, the =
plane=20
  is<BR>very quiet. leaning as much as I can without getting the CHT's =
too hot,=20
  produces<BR>a turbine like sound. I love this Franklin =
engine.<BR><BR>again=20
  thanks guys.<BR><BR>Mike W</FONT> </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C3B841.A053FE30--