REFLECTOR:Oil Congealing -- Is our Nose Cooler "Sandwich Pick-off" Protected?

Scott reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 20:47:26 -0700

Bob,

No modern(later than 1965?) airplane has a congealing oil cooler on it, or
maybe I should say, can't imagine any one actually installing one on a new
airplane such as our homebuilts.

Unless your in the Arctic, or using straight grade oil with an old old
fashioned congealing type cooler,  the problem is purely hypothetical.

We all read about quite a few ingenious solutions to these hypothetical
problems on this list.

The bypass valve is part of the veritherm so it doesn't matter if your
remote filter unit has one. I know my Air Wolf remote filter unit has no
bypass valve.

Scott